“Impressed with the idea that as the country filled up there must be a place where the surrounding settlers might market their products and purchase their supplies, George Urquhart, who for many years had made his home on this spot, platted the town of Krupp July 14, 1902.
He gave his earnest support in its development. The first business house in the new town was a general store erected in the summer of 1901 by F.A. Windgate. The population in June, 1903, as reported by the assessor was only 45, but the past year has witnessed a wonderful improvement.”
-An Illustrated History of Big Bend Country, 1904.
The population now, as of the last census, is 48.
‘Was Grown Apace’
Camera: Ansco Color Clipper (1942)
Film: Kodak Ektachrome 400 (x-08/1987)
Krupp, Grant County, Washington